In the defining phase the ABAMI consultants work with the leadership team to define the direction
of the organization by creating the clarity, while eliciting input from all stakeholders.
A vital part of the defining stage is to listen to the voices of all the stakeholders in the system.
You may already have a voice listening mechanism in place or the ABAMI consultant may recommend one for you.
We have a number of platforms we can use:
- Measuring the organizational climate: motivation, change, execution, teamwork and trust through the Vital Signs survey from six seconds www.6seconds.org/tools/vs/ovs/
- Establishing the base line of the current culture and gathering input from all stakeholders on the a inspirational culture using the Organizational Culture Assessment Instrument (OCAI).
- Announce the upcoming change journey and seek everyone’s input in a facilitated town hall style meeting
The Leadership Team embark on a journey to create clarity on the foundation elements which will allow the organization to become a healthy unit, functioning as one and paving the way for optimal performance. They embark on this journey armed with the input from all the stakeholders. For the leaders to create this clarity we believe they need to be a well aligned and cohesive team.
The leadership cohesion and clarity creation journey could consist of a number of interventions:
- Building a High Performing & Cohesive Leadership Team : Through deeper awareness of each other as individuals and as a team by identifying the teams innate characteristics, decision making process, blind spots, overall strengths and gaps using MBTI as the tool.
- Defining Clarity: Reaching agreement among the leadership team on the answers of the six most critical organizational clarity questions : our purpose, our business, how do we behave?, how will we succeed?, what is important right now?, and who will do what? .
- Team Identity and Strategy: The team build together a 3D model of their identity and it’s surrounding landscape to develop their real time strategy using Lego Serious Play.
- Develop a playbook: clarifying the organizational directions in a simplified manner ready to be communicated to all stakeholders across the organization.